Saturday, March 12, 2011

Planned Blackout will be coming from tomorrow Sunday for Kanto are residential

Yesterday's earthquake gave huge impact even for the Kanto are residential.
First off, every railway had to stopped its operation since they needed to check out the safety of the physical rail. So, more than several hundred-thousands of people were forced to stay in their office area.

I, personally, walked back to my home with 6 hours strait walk. Luckily I was out of my office when earthquake hit, and was about to have a meeting at Shinjulu-area. Shinjuku was 25km away from my home, while my office is more than 30km away.
(I didn't have any experience to walk such long way. Given that marathon runners run 42Km, I thought it was relatively easy to walk 25km. But that idea was totally wrong!! it took 6 hours to finish 25km walk. It was cold last night, and I didn't know the way to home, so Google Map was useful, but the mobile device went out of juice at the most complicated area. So, I lost the way. It guided a short-cuts, but I had to go back to the main street which I Iknew for a drive.)

First, most foods went out from stores, next batteries for mobile phones, while voice communications were stopped by network carrier. Internet from mobile phone was barely-available,

Many people who have a physical confident went back to their home by walk. So, many pubic facility opened its facility for the rest of such walkers. (It was quite helpful.)
Media reported that many bicycles were sold out instantly from bicycle stores.
I, personally stopped by the bicycle along the way my home, but the least cheapest one costs 15,000 yen, so I didn't buy it. It was bad idea, too. I should have bought it given the long way home to go back.

Aftermath still continues. Since Nuclear power stations in Fukushima was damaged heavily and stopped operations, the capacity to generate for Kanto area has been decreased significantly.
Authorities has just announced that they are planning to stop supplying electricy to area. Residentials, offices will have planned blackout from tomorrow, which is expected to continue about two to three hours per area.

Still, many small earthquakes continues. We really needs to be careful.

No comments: