Saturday, March 17, 2012

Yell by Ikimono-gakari

I found the original video clip here.
Yell by Ikimono-gakari

Ikimono-gakari, music group composed by two male guitarists and female vocalist is the most popular music group in Japan. In the very segmented music market in Japan,Ikimonogakari tries to create the music that are to be loved by all generations.

Most of the music are composed by either one of of these male guitarists, Yoshiki Mizuno and Hotaka Yamashita. A few are composed by Kiyoe Yoshioka, vocalist.

The lyrics in their song is famous for their messages that can be resonated by every generations.

This "Yell" was written by Yoshiki Mizuno in 2009 and won many awards.

The lyrics starts;

J;"Watashi wa ima dokoni aruno" to, fumishimeta ashiato wo nandomo mitsume kaesu.
E:(“Where am I now?”, looking back on my footsteps over and over again, that I’ve left to date.)

J: Kareha wo daki, akimeku madobe ni, kajikanda yubisakide yume wo egaita
E;(I held up the fallen leaves with my cold fingertips on the autumn window, and embraced my dreams for the future.)

J; Tsubasa wa arunoni tobezuni irunda. Hitorini narunoga kowakute, tsurakute.
E;(I have wings, but I couldn't fly, because I was afraid of being alone, and it was too painful.)

J; Yasashii hidamarini katayoseru hibiwo koete, bokura kodokuna yumeeto aruku.
E; (We’re leaving behind the days, when we were altogether doing everything in the gentle sunshine, and we're starting walking to our lonely dreams.)

**)Refrain
J; Sayonara wa kanashii kotoba janai
E; (Saynonara is not a sad word.)

J; Sorezoreno yumeeto bokura wo tsunagu 'YELL'
E; (It’s a yell that connects us to our individual dreams.)

J: Tomoni sugoshita hibi wo muneni daite
E; (Embracing the days that we spent together in my heart,)

J: Tobidatsuyo hitoride tsugino sorae
E; (I am going to fly alone to the next sky.)


It's still teenager's song, but also move older generation's mind.

As Ikimonogakari admits by themselves, this album is one of their best album.




Recntly, one music album contains very limited number of good songs.
Unlike those too much commercialized albun, this album has many songs that are really good , such as


-Joyful
-Nakumonka (E: Never Cry!)
-Mahiru no Tsuki (E: Moon in the daylight)
-Hotaru no Hikari (E; Light of Firebug)


Other songs are also good.

No comments: